Thursday 26 March 2015

PROJECT 4 MOVING ON

Drawing 1
First part of this exercise is to do four charcoal drawings A3 at least, the first two from one space or room into another, the second two from one space into a large (outdoor) space.  Above is the first one, done from inside of workshop towards the window.  Best I could find, and I need to make the drawings there because of doing a painting further on.  Quite enjoyable, and always surprising how little I see at the first look, and how the interaction with subject develops. This took me about 2 hours over 3 or 4 days.

I am finding it very good to be working in this exact and traditional way, particularly after the effort of doing the book last year and using up my reservoir of visual knowledge.  Need to replenish and this looking is a great way to do it.

Drawing 2  Looking through a door

Drawing 3 Looking out into a larger space


Have now made 3 drawings A3 size, blood sweat and tears.  I like taking the time and really looking.  #2 the best so far.  #3 not great, felt low in energy.  So far not really inspired to use any of these for a painting.....

Drawing 4

Greyscale photo

Photo  
 End of stage one of this Project.   Mixed success.  Complicated subjects. And I have not got the tones right in drawing 4.  Tho I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment